Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank


Title: Diary of a Young Girl
Author: Anne Frank
Stars: 4
Description: In 1942, with Nazis occupying Holland, a thirteen-year-old Jewish girl and her family fled their home in Amsterdam and went into hiding. For the next two years, until their whereabouts were betrayed to the Gestapo, they and another family living cloistered in the "Secret Annexe" of an old office building. Cut off from the outside world, they faced hunger, boredom, the constant cruelties of living in confined quarters, and the ever-present threat of discovery and death. In her diary Anne Frank recorded vivid impressions of her experiences during this period. By turns thoughtful, moving, and amusing, her account offers a fascinating commentary on human courage and frailty and a compelling self-portrait of a sensitive and spirited young woman whose promise was tragically cut short.
This book will totally change your view about World War II. I never new much about except for the main stuff, until I read this book. The ending is very sad but I think that it is important to read, my mom assigned me to read this for school.
I do recommend this book, not because it's a classic, but because most of the people my age don't know much about the war, but this book will change that completely!
Natalie

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Natalie! That's funny you are posting about that because we are talking about Anne Frank in school. We are reading it like a play and I am Margot. See ya!
Sara

AprilGarden said...

I loved this book!! I read it a while ago though....
:)