Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Balled of Lucy Whipple by Karen Cushman



Title: The Balled of Lucy Whipple

Author: Karen Cushman

Age: 10-14

Pages: 218

Stars: 5

I have read another book by Karen Cushman called," Catherine Called Birdy," and that book was very good. I really like it that the books that I have read so far, the characters practically have the same attitude. They are very funny, sarcastic, and lots of other stuff. Karen Cushman loves history so all the books are based on history!

California has lived in Massachusetts for a long time. A little while after her pa dies, her mom wants to fulfil her dream! They go east to California! California hates her new life! She decides that she can't be named after something she hates so she changes her name to Lucy! Lucy then has to learn to get used to California.

I really liked this book and all of you should read it!

I didn't really notice anything bad but Butte, her brother, almost said s*** I think. You can tell that me almost did anyway!

Natalie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nan - good review, but you should always tell a little bit of what the book is about, to give people an idea if they're interested in reading it or not. :)