Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Trading Places by Claudia Mills


Title: Trading Places
Author: Claudia Mills
Stars: 2
Description: Amy and Todd are twins, and they get on--but they are as opposite as can be in almost every way. Amy is the bookworm and poet, totally disorganized. Todd is the competent technocrat, super organized. Everyone is sure what the twins' roles will be for the fifth-grade Mini-Society class project. But the kids change, especially when trouble comes, and so do their parents and some of the friends they thought they knew. At home everything is "horribly different" since Dad lost his job. Dad and Mom quarrel all the time, and Todd is heartbroken that the family's beloved old dog is sick.
First of all, I thought this book was about something totally different, so I didn't' get what I expected. Second of all, this book is boring. But not so boring that I quit it...I finished it but I just don't exactly get the story. I wish the author would have gone into more detail with their father and the problems of their family. But I don't recommend this book to anybody.
Natalie

No comments: