Saturday, July 12, 2008

En Garde (Nancy Drew) by Carolyn Keene

Title: En Garde

Author: Carolyn Keene

Stars: 5

Back of the book says: If I told you I was worried about George's health because she's taken up fencing, you'd just laugh. Foils today are totally safe, and the gear is padded besides. Right?
Well, if so, why did I see blood at George's first meet? Skewering isn't in the legal fencing repertoire-but it soon becomes apparent to me that some one's to fired up to care......

I really liked this book. It has a good moral that if you love to do something, focus on it and block everything out.

First of all, George has taken up fencing. She loves it but Nancy doesn't think that she is to safe because at the first meet, when George's friend, Delyn is fencing a girl named Una, Una gets hurt and is bleeding. And then later on, there are more things that cause Una to get hurt, and even more!
Nancy is then determined to figure out this mystery before somebody gets really hurt.

I really liked this book and I recommend it to all of you!



Natalie



No comments: