Thursday, September 18, 2008

Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath


Title: Everything on a Waffle
Author: Polly Horvath (Author of The Trolls)
Stars: 5 (I love this book! It ends very good!)
Description: Primrose Squarp simply knows her parents did not perish at sea during a terrible storm, but try convincing the other residents of Coal Harbour on that score. For all practical purposes, at least for the time being, Primrose is an orphan, and there's no great clamoring of prospective adopters. After realizing the impracticality of continuing to pay Miss Perfidy (a moth-ball scented elderly lady) an hourly wage to baby-sit her, the town council is able to locate a relative, Uncle Jack, who is reluctantly takes Primrose into his care. Primrose does warm up to living with him and his home, despite the eerie noises resembling a hockey game that haunt her in the night. But true sanctuary can always be found at a restaurant called The Girl on the Red Swing, where everything including lasagna-is served on a waffle, and where the proprietor, Miss Bowzer offers a willing ear, as well as sage advise. Through a mixture of eccentric humor and probing philosophy, author Polly Horvath makes Primrose's search for peace and understanding a most memorable one.
Everything on a Waffle is about a girl who has lost her parents one day when there is a terrible storm and her father is out fishing and her moth decides to go look for him. Well, everybody else thinks that she lost her parents. Primrose Squarp thinks that her parents are still alive just abandoned out in the middle of nowhere.
This book, I love. My mom wanted me to read it and I love it! In this book Primrose looses her sweaters, a toe, and a piece of a finger but for some strange reason, everything turns out just the way it should.
Who is Your Favorite Character and Why? One of my favorite characters is her Uncle Jack. Why? Because he is so nice and kind.
What is Your Favorite Part and Why? (Don't read any of the question if you don't want to find out that happens) I like it when her parents come back on a boat and her uncle faints!! Why? Because that part is funny!
Why are you like the Main Character or why aren't you? I don't know if I am like the main character. I mean in some ways I am not, because I have parents and in my little town there isn't a restaurant where everything you eat comes with a waffle. But in someways I am like her because I have two loving parents. So in some ways I am like her and some ways I am not.
I really liked this book and I advise you to read.
Natalie
P.S. After each chapter there is a recipe.

No comments: