Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan


Title: The 39 Clues Maze of Bones
Author: Rick Riordan
Stars: 5
Description: What would happen if you discovered that your family was one of the most powerful in human history? What if you were told that the source of the family's power was hidden around the world, in the form of 39 Clues? What if you were given a choice-take a million dollars and walk away...or get the first Clue? If you're Amy and Dan Cahill you take the Clue-and begin a very dangerous race.
Grace Cahill changed her will 5 minutes before she died. Amy and Dan Cahill are sad because Grace died. And at her funeral they start a huge adventure. An adventure where you can find the treasure at the end or die trying. And at the beginning you have a choice, to take million dollars or take the first Clue, the first Clue of 39.
This adventure is not like any other, it is a adventure of either life or death.
5 stars
Natalie

3 comments:

gadgetgirl said...

Hi Natalie! I am a mom of a (almost) 12 year old girl and she has just started reading the 39 clues series. I have not really heard much about them and was wondering if you could offer a little advice.
We are a Christian family and I try to keep things in perspective as far as movies, music and books but I do have some limits for my daughter too. I was wondering what you thought of these books from a Christian perspective such as violence, language, maturity etc. My daughter reads a lot and to give you an idea here are some books she's read Lemony Snicket, Anne of Green Gables, Dear America Series, Saddle Club just to name a few. I probably wouldn't let her read Twilight at this point (even though I loved it) because she's just not ready for it:) So I am really just wanting an honest opinion from someone who I think gives great reviews.
Thanks So Much
Stephanie

Natalie said...

Stephenie-the 39 Clues series are great action series. As far as langauge and things like that go, are pretty mild. In each book there is about one or two,"oh my Gods," but the violence that I remeber is not that bad either. The only violence in the books is because all the groups that are trying to find the 39 clues are pretty much enemies and so sometimes they pretend to be the good guys just so they can find the clues faster. And there are also mentions of poison and things like that, but my 10-year-old brother has read most of these books and they don't scare him at all. The violence is pretty much nothing.

The maturity is good also. Most of the maturity falls with the main girl, Amy, and she's the one who is mostly more "Should we really do that?" and that kind of thing.

The romance is pretty mild also, there is one little tiny kiss between charecters in the third or fourth book, but doesn't go into anything more then that.

From what I have read in this series, I think that your daughter would be perfectly fine to read these books.


Natalie

gadgetgirl said...

Thank you so much, your info was super helpful. Keep up the book reviews they are AWESOME!! My daughter and I LOVE them:D