Sunday, April 12, 2009

Holes by Louis Sachar


Title: Holes
Author: Louis Sachar
Stars: 5 (seriously, this is a really good book!)
Description: Stanley Yelant's family has a history of bad luck, so he isn't to surprised when a miscarriage of justice sends him to a boys' juvenile detention center, Camp Green Lake. There is no lake-it has been dry for over a hundred years-and it's hardly a camp: as punishment, the boys must each dig a hole a day, five feet deep, five feet across, in the hard earth of the dried-up lake bed. The warden claims that this pointless labor builds character, but that's a lie. Stanley must try to dig up the truth.
I love this book. That is mostly all I have to say. This book totally keeps you on edge until the last page. The author is really talented and I really think this is a great book. I recommend it to all my friends and family. This book has rattlesnakes, yellow-spotted lizards, and holes. I think this is my new favorite!
This is one Oh my Go*, but that was really the only bad word I saw in the book. The boys at the camp are mean and rude, Stanley is mentioned to be fat and overweight. And then in a story the sheriff is drunk. But beyond this stuff, this book is great!
Natalie

No comments: