Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Messenger by Lois Lowry


Title: Messenger
Author: Lois Lowry
Stars: 3 1/2
Description: Six years earlier, Matty had come to Village as a scrappy and devious little boy. Back then, he like to call himself "the Fiercest of the Fierce," but since that time, Matty had grown almost into a man under the care of Seer, a blind man whose special sight had earned him the name. Now Matty hopes that he will soon be give his true name, and he hopes it will be Messenger. But strange changes are taking place in Village. Once a Utopian community that prided itself on its welcome to newcomers, Village will soon be closed to all outsiders. As one of the only people able to safely travel through the dangerous Forest, Matty must deliver the message of Village's closing and try to convince Seer's daughter, Kira, to return with him before it's too late. But Forest has grown hostile to Matty too, and he might risk everything to fight his way through it, armed only with an emerging power he cannot yet explain or understand.
I have read The Giver and Gathering Blue and now this one, Messenger. The last book in the series. Now, everything does make sense in the last book, why the author cut Jonas and Gabe completely out of the first book, and I like it that Kira and Matt come back.
But this book, I think didn't end very well. I mean it kind of did, but not the way I would have liked to end. I still think that if the author had written a little bit more in The Giver, that book would gave made a great book by itself.
Natalie

2 comments:

Savannah Nichole said...

No, I am almost 15. My parents just won't let me have it. : (

AprilGarden said...

OMG! I didn't know that it was a series! I'm reading it at school right now, it is such a goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood book!
:D