Saturday, April 25, 2009

Roll of Thunder, Here my Cry by Mildred Taylor



Title: Roll of Thunder, Here my Cry

Author: Mildred Taylor

Stars: 4 1/2

Description: This is an extraordinarily moving novel-one you will not easily forget. Set in Mississippi at the height of the Depression, it is the story of one family's struggle top maintain their integrity, pride, and independence. It is a story of physical survival, but more important, it is a story of the survival of the human spirit.

This book is quite moving. It talks about what African American people really went through. But I am sure this book will make you cry. I don't like how the book ended, but I really do recommend it to everyone I know.

I think that this book was kind of slow at the beginning, but at the end it really touches your heart.

Who is your favorite character and why? Oh, wow, that is hard. I think it would have to be their Papa. Why? Because of his courage to save his family.

What is your favorite part and why? It would have to be the end part, when you really how mean our country was to African American people. Why? I know it is kind of weird that I would pick that part but it is the most moving.

Are you like the main character why or why aren't you? I don't think that I am because Cassie is very brave and has a lot of courage. And I might be able to do that just depend on what situation.

Natalie

2 comments:

Ellen K. Smith said...

I've read this book, and I really enjoyed it. Did you know there is a sequel?

AprilGarden said...

Oh I luv this book! It was really good! I would also give it 4.5 stars.
:D